Lavertezzo is first mentioned in 1327 as Laverteze. In the Middle Ages, Lavertezzo was a Squadra of the Vicinanza of Verzasca. For centuries the people lived, in the summer months, in the Verzasca valley and migrated in the winter, with their cattle, to the lower valleys. After the dissolution of Terricciole in 1920, a shared territory between Locarno, Minusio and Mergoscia, the settlement of Riazzino was allocated to Lavertezzo.
The parish church of Madonna degli Angeli was built in the 18th Century. Lavertezzo became an independent parish in the 16th century, when it separated from Vogorno. It was granted a provost in 1806. http://en.wikipedia.org/